Article from the Germantown Crier. John McArthur Harris Jr discusses his memories of his childhood in the area. He attended Germantown Friends School (GFS) and remembers taking the trolly down Germantown Ave and discusses the repaving of the street. His uncle gave his father a 1904 model Packard. Harris has memories of Germantown's first movie theater on Germantown Ave just north of Chelten Ave. There was also a motion picture studio in Germantown east of Germantown Ave behind the Mennonite Church on Walnut Lane. He also remembers other movie theaters in Germantown in his youth, including The Germantown Theater, the Colonial Theater and the Orpheum Theater. He also remembers visiting the Hannah Ann Zell's library; apparently Miss Zell was a friend of his grandmother. Harris remembers Anfrew Carnegie giving $1,500,000 to the free library of Philadelphia, which enabled several new branches to be built. He and his sister bought sodas for a nickle at Poley's drug store on Germantown Ave. Poley's eventually became Reibsteins.